In This Episode
If you’ve been curious (and maybe a little overwhelmed) about how to start tracking your calories and macros, you’re in the right place!
In this episode, you’ll learn how to get started with tracking your food and, more importantly, how to make it simple so that you get past the learning curve and actually stick with it.
First, I want to be clear about one thing –
Tracking your food is not mandatory! It is one of many tools that can help you lose weight – and it can give you information about other diet-related issues, too.
But I do believe it is a valuable tool and that most people will benefit from trying it at some point. It doesn’t have to take over your life, and it provides information (actual, neutral facts) that you can use as you move forward.
As with many tools, tracking your food can be temporary. Use it for a set period of time to gather data and build awareness about your eating habits, use the information to guide your decisions and set yourself up for long-term success.
A little reminder: It’s okay (and even beneficial) to be a beginner. As adults, we aren’t used to that feeling of not quite knowing what to do, and we really don’t like not being good at things right away.
This is a process, and it’s okay to learn as you go. You’re not going to know it all at the beginning, but tracking gives you the opportunity to create that base of knowledge.
In the full episode, I’m talking all about how to get started and answering the most common questions and hang-ups I hear about tracking.
If you want help, we’re here for you! Check out the resources below for information, tools and support.
- Why food tracking can be a valuable part of your weight loss journey
- What food tracking is really like in the beginning
- Common patterns I see when women first start tracking
- Tips for hitting your initial targets
- The surprising thing many women find when they start tracking their food
- The numbers that matter most
Previous Episodes Mentioned:
- Episode 45: Why You Hate Tracking Your Food
- Episodes 84 & 85: Change Your Personality to Become Who You Want To Be (Parts 1 & 2)